Privacy and Security Policy Statement
This Privacy and Security Policy Statement of moodLearning, Inc. describes how we treat personal information when you use moodLearning sites and how we address online security concerns.
- moodLearning pages are publicly accessible and do not require sharing any personal information on the part of the reader.
- When you create an Account or sign up for any of our learning management systems (LMS) or business systems, you may be asked to provide some personal information and other important data, only as required by your teacher, content provider, or business operator. moodLearning will have no use for such information beyond what your teacher or content providers require for them to carry out their missions. moodLearning is simply supporting their operations on the back-end.
- With our LMS and business systems, moodLearning stores, processes and maintains your personal information and other documents in order to provide services to you and on behalf of teachers and content providers. See also Privacy Options with moodLearning.
- When you use moodLearning LMS and business systems, our computer servers automatically record certain information about your use of our online services. As with other web services in other websites, we record information on the use of your Account including document accesses and changes, and other log information including client computer system information, IP-address, date and time of access, and referrer URL.
- No credit card or financial information is stored in our servers. In cases where, for instance, courses or services require payment, such transient financial transactions are actually done by the payment facilities like Paypal or Google. NO financial data are kept locally or stored in moodLearning servers, save the fact that the user has already paid (if indeed).
- When you use our Quakey or KoSaKa app, you'll be required to enable your phone's location services. By default, moodLearning doesn't store your geolocation info and personal data. But certain features of the app may require you to have such data and other related information stored in our server for 10 days and for stated ends only (such as: disaster-related emergency use, reporting of road obstructions to authorities).
- moodLearning is compliant with the Philippine data privacy regulations, including the requirement to report to proper authorities any breach within 72 hours upon knowledge of the incident.
- To access our LMS or business systems, we require your log-in name and password that are used to protect your Account from unauthorized access. Login names and passwords using OAuth 2.0 (e.g., Google or Facebook login) are not kept on any of our servers.
- We take proactive measures to protect your personal information and keep online transactions at our website safe and secure.
- We also conduct periodic vulnerability assessments to help ourselves adddress security issues.
moodLearning is concerned about protecting the confidentiality of your personal information. We have security measures, including administrative, physical, and technical measures, to protect against the loss, exposure, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you in the use of the services. These measures include SSL data encryption to transmit your personal information as well as technical architectures and systems to prevent unauthorised third parties from accessing your personal information.
For more information about our privacy and security practices, contact us at
3/F National Engineering Center
University of the Philippines
Diliman, Quezon City